19 July 2006

We're having a heat wave...


oof, my wish list is entirely heat wave related.

1) Outsize sunglasses with tortoiseshell rims and arms. Only way in which I wish to emulate Ms. Beckham

2) Continious supply of Luscombe's organic "hot" ginger beer (drank gallons of it at pub yesterday, at £2.40 a pop I'd be better off sticking to Stella, but it is GORGEOUS) - and I should say the hot refers to the quantity of ginger, not the temp. of the drink

3) Gorgeous buff surfer dude boyfriend to accompany me to beach, and who would enjoy it as much as I do, and not complain about the heat/ his irish skin burning easily.

4) Endless supply of mindless magazines to leaf through, esp. biba. French magazines are made for beach reading. Also a couple of interesting yet easy read books.

5) A Mitty James adult beach towelling robe (check them out on www.mittyjames.co.uk). They are beautiful. In fact, I'd like the entire range - the shorts, the parka. And even a child to dress in the ridiculously cute towelling poncho.

6) Huge slices of watermelon

7) a boat to sunbathe on and jump into the sea from

8) Large snorkel and mask. So I could swim in the sea without worrying about losing my contact lenses.

9) A cool box full of cool stella artois and group of trendy young friends to drink stella with.

10) Portable barbecue, and group of trendy young friends to eat barbecue foods with.

11) eternal free use of sunloungers at beach, not just when have leg in cast like last year (though still v grateful to lovely beach attendants at Broadsands for that)

12) ability to make dogs, cats and seagulls leave me alone while at beach or in pub gardens or in own back garden (have been harrassed by all 3 in last 2 days!)

13) Love my red silk sunhat the girls bought me years ago, but would like another, big, straw hat with scarf round it

Of course if I get all this, it will start to rain!

No comments: