01 September 2006

Pinch, Punch... First Day of the Month


So it's now September. Summer is officially over. I always feel that the onset of autumn heralds changes and new beginnings.

For me, it is turning 30 later this month (oh god, it still makes me want to cry). For F, being in London for the next few months, working on her latest masterpiece and working up a cultural storm in her usual manner. Also, as per her last post, coming to some very sound realisations about her ex-boyfriend B. (Although frankly F, I think you are v forgiving - I saw B on a Northern Line train the other day and hid behind a pole so that I wouldn't have to talk to him). P - on the other side of the pond... well, we'll wait and see what new beginnings emerge.

But perhaps the biggest and the best new beginning is reserved for L. Today, at the tender age of 32 (yes, I know, but it's all relative!) she is officially crowned Professor. Well done darling; we are all thrilled, and so proud of your fantastic achievements. Champagne all round!

No comments: