21 February 2007

Men!


OK, so my Window is definitely still closed. However, the f*ckwit in whose face I most recently slammed it is trying to worm his way back in now. Bloody men, honestly! They waltz into your life, staying long enough to create havoc and induce cynicism and bitterness, before running off again. Then, the second you display the remotest amount of vulnerability, they come flying back, usually at the worst possible moment. I am completely submerged in job interviews at the moment. I have had 5 interviews this week alone, each over 2 hours long, and 2 of them involving Powerpoint presentations. I don’t have time for game-playing!

In the absence of Male Model’s strong, manly arms in which to hurl myself for comfort, I have formed an alliance with City Boy (aka new male flatmate), who is himself a commitment-phobic singleton in his thirties with zero relationship history (although he is pushing me to set him up with my friends, despite having pulled no less than 3 people in last week alone). I can sense that Suburban Teacher (aka new female flatmate), while a lovely girl, will not be able to empathise; I am basing this surmise on the four (FOUR!) bunches of flowers she received on Valentine’s Day.

So I confided in City Boy about my Window, and he confirmed that men do indeed feel an evolutionary need to “protect”, so they are drawn towards openly vulnerable women. But here’s the question: should I open my Window for this man, or should I forever banish him to the mercy of the harsh elements outside?

No comments: