12 March 2007

Celeb Sightings from La-La Land



Well, you can't get more A-List than LA, darling. And here are some of my celeb sightings from today:



  1. Sanjaya Malakar from American Idol, tonight at The Grove, with his parents. N shamelessly tapped him on the shoulder and asked if he was on American Idol. He was v sweet and shy, and his parents looked v proud.

  2. Stephen Spielberg, this morning, at the beach in Malibu. He walked past me with a small child, having a bizarre conversation about the rocks. (I was perched on one of said rocks, watching my friend D surfing, while trying not to be run over by one of the overly energetic, enormous dogs racing along the shore.)

  3. Several familiar-looking Triple-Zero (or so it seemed) waifs, shopping at Fred Segal this afternoon (as you can see, I have had a v productive day)


Seeing as the friends at whose beach house we were hanging out count amongst their neighbours the likes of Mel Gibson, Danny DeVito and Jennifer Aniston, I do feel that my celebrity-sighting potential quota has been under-achieved, but I still have some time here left.

On the way back tonight, I realised that the last time I was on a beach was in 2003, and the last time I went on a holiday that did not involve (a) my family, (b) a manic city, or (c) a couple of frantic days tacked onto the tail end of a business trip, was in 2002. And the last time I went longer than 48 hours without mobile phone access was in 1993.

No wonder I'm so frazzled.

No comments: