26 March 2007

Virtual Dating


Those readers familiar with this blog will know what a sucker I am for displacement activities (I came up with most of the links you see on the right hand side of the screen). The more banal, fantastical and time-wasting, the better, as far as I'm concerned. I have whiled away many an afternoon when I'm meant to be compiling a Very Important Business Report happily conducting internet searches for such things as the best value sushi knife in London, or perhaps taking the Which Scent is Best Suited to my Personality? Test on the Guerlain perfume website.

So I guess it had to happen sooner or later that I would - despite my recent vows to just give up and remove myself from the "market" - chance upon a dating website. OK, so I haven't joined - yet - but I am seriously considering it (just to see), and to this end, I have spent the last hour searching for vaguely presentable photos of myself, editing out incriminating evidence of drunken friends and sneakily airbrushing out the less flattering elements of my image.

I will have a think about it tonight, and tomorrow, I will decide whether or not to unleash myself on the unsuspecting Jewish singles scene. I wonder which I'll find first: a new job or a new boyfriend?

No comments: