07 June 2007

A Candle for Daddy



Flame

There is a flame
Inside my heart
It burns
It rages
It flickers
It lights my being
I carry it
always

It enlarges my heart
It melts my heart
It bleeds my heart
Powerful,
It rips out my heart
It severs the bond between sisters
It will not go away
Will not be extinguished

At the end of the battle,
The fight to exterminate me,
It burns still,
The miracle flame

Symbol of
Survival
Of hope
Of luck
Of love
Of memory
Of destiny

The inferno

I am burning alive
I am a human fireball
Writhing in agony
And then it softens
As a scented candle
But it is there, always
Constant as a Sabbath candle

It transcends
My history
My future
Our shared pasts
Simultaneous, universal time

It grows
It shrinks
I feel the cold
But my fire still burns
Angry and threatening
Familiar and comforting

I light a candle
The match is forgotten
But the flame still burns
I carry it
It possesses me
We carry each other

I light a candle

Daddy
D, 22 Sivan, 5767

No comments: