24 November 2006

Happy Bus Story


On Saturday I went for a walk to my local park. It was a gorgeous afternoon, and I wandered about, happily enjoying the range of colours, the pink trails the setting sun was leaving in the sky, and the crisp, fresh feel of the air. I then went to get the bus back home. I was a bit tired, and just stod at the bus stop day -dreaming when suddenly I looked up to see my bus, the 271, hurtling down the hill at about a million miles an hour. "Shit", I thought, "I've missed it." But, ever the optomist, I stuck my arm out wildly, and to my great surprise, the driver slammed on the brakes and the bus came careening to a halt. The driver opened the doors, and I ran the 20 yards or so from the stop to the bus. When I got on, the bus driver had opened his little cabin door, and was sat there, with his cheek facing me, tapping it! So I went up and gave him a kiss for having stopped the bus! This girl on the bus burst out laughing and asked me if I knew the driver. "No, " I replied, "this sort of thing happens all the time!" Alas, loads of people got on at Archway, and any hope of an urban romance was killed.

No comments: