10 January 2007

Things to Sulk About


  1. 1. Bills bills bills bills bills
  2. 2. Male Model and Friend are hogging the widescreen TV in the lounge with their puerile X-Box antics, preventing me from watching Desperate Housewives - my sole purpose for getting through the day. They have been playing an imbecilic football game for the last TWO HOURS ("Oh maa-ate! That was offside!"; "goo-aaal!!!" and much football chanting, etc
  3. The strap on my wooden wedge platforms has broken, and the shoe repair people say there is nothing they can do
  4. I dropped a weight on my finger at the gym (again) and it really hurts
  5. I am missing a couple of talks at Jewish Book Week that I REALLY wanted to go to (the Judith "Gender Trouble" Butler/Julia Kristeva and the Linda Grant/Samir El-Youssef ones), as I will be running the LA Marathon
  6. I have not started training for said marathon, which takes place in less than 2 months, and it is constantly cold, dark, windy and rainy, so once again, I shall be horribly unprepared
  7. I love Tsubi (which has just changed its name, inexplicably, to Ksubi ++) jeans, but their sizing is UNFAIR. The Scooters fit me fine, but I cannot get the Lean Beans paast my thighs. My entire day has centred around this quest, with much grunting and swearing in the loos at work and extra thigh and gluteal exercises at the gym, but to no avail. And now I have resorted to the comfort of TWO bars of chocolate, which is obviously going to prove v unhelpful. Also, Ksubi jeans come with a highly disconcerting label, reading along the lines of "holes, holes, holes, we love holes, the more the merrier, the bigger the better. Our jeans are designed to rip". Surely this is cop-out excuse for badly-made jeans? I resent buying "premium denim" that will inevitably become unwearable rag. Gorgeous jeans, though
  8. Lust-Object Man has not called, adding weight to my developing suspicion that I am indeed walking man repellent, in a mere 2 hours of whose company a budding flirtation can be irreversibly destroyed

No comments: