01 January 2007

(Un)Happy New Year


So New Year's Day is not even over yet, and this is what has happened so far:

1. I have incurred irreversible organ (esp. liver) damage, due to excesses of last night, which ended at 7 o'clock this morning

2. I have - already - managed to drive away a lovely man I was quite interested in, through my innate and irrepressible neuroses (I mean what the fuck was I thinking? It was so lovely to have a date on New Year's Day, and then I had to ruin it by sulking about being in the country (well, Hertfordshire) AND - even worse; I am cringing just thinking about it - I STUPIDLY produced my food diary and vitamin case, and he looked alarmed and took me straight home. Oh GODDDD

3. I nearly got mugged by 3 youths, one of whom tried to grab my bag and push me up against a fence, while the other 2 ran by. Am feeling v smug and hard, as I tripped him up, and ran away as he fell (hoorah for kickboxing training!). Thankfully I managed to escape with a mere cut finger and broken umbrella

Oh well. I can only hope it gets better, otherwise needless to say, I'm a bit screwed!

Happy New Year, Everyone.

No comments: