02 May 2006

The Power of Prescott


So our deputy PM is a bit of a stud then is he? I mean really. You can imagine the appeal of David Cameron, or even (ten years ago) Tony Blair, but John Prescott???

A few comments:

1. How can Tracey Temple claim that she wasn't turned on by his power? Does she reasonably expect any sane person with functioning eyesight to believe she found Prescott a bit fit?

2. I hate it when the kiss-and-tell woman speaks out to "tell my side of the story". Frankly, who cares? Once the info is out there, you are pretty much damned as a wanton hussy, and by going to the press (The Daily Mail of all papers), you are only making it worse for yourself. Unless you feel particularly empowered by the £100,000.

3. I don't see why he should resign. I think that Prescott's questionable command of the English language poses more of a threat to his ability to do his job than his extra-marital affairs. And as a tax-payer, I'm not bothered about whether or not he had sex at Admiralty Arch. So what? I wouldn't care when and where he had sex with his wife, and I don't really have an opinion about the state of his marriage.

4. HOW do men do it? How? You can hardly imagine younger men queuing up to have elicit sex in official government residences with any of the female members of the Cabinet.

Can we just drop it and get on with Thursday's local elections, please? I loathe and despise the Daily Mail, which is clearly incapable of opening up the debate into one of substance, and focus
instead on important issues that the nation will be voting for on Thursday.

No comments: