17 May 2006

Richard III


Went to see outstanding production of Richard III last night, with S, P and my mum (who v kindly – and rather cynically, I thought – brought along a synopsis of the play for me, in manner of when I was young child. Does she not realise I have an English degree and am not completely ignorant?).

Play was held at St. Stephen’s Church in Belsize Park, a listed but rather derelict building that needs to raise money for repairs, so often holds cultural events. The audience sat on either side of the long aisle, where the performance took place, so it was almost interactive. It was a modern adaptation (eg mobile phones as props), which worked v well. They are only putting on 11 performances, so anyone who is interested, should book now. Highly recommended.

No comments: