14 April 2007

Blogging under the influence

Have just spent a lovely day with L. We went suit shopping and I spent £336 pounds on a jacket, top, skirt and shoes in Hobbs. Such is the dull and unglamorous nature of my existence that my credit card company baulked at the expenditure and assumed the card had been stolen! i had to confirm my identity on the phone and then have to ring them tomorrow to unblock the whole card! For Fuck's sake! We then retired to the 4 Seasons and drank copious amounts of champagne, to the point where L began discussing her aberrant nature! And I constructed, deconstructed and reconstructed my 'relationship' with older man. For someone who claims not to think about things very much, I am good at subjecting my life to protracted (if slightly drunken) analysis. Anyway, as L and I agreed while dipping strawberries into champagne, sometimes the most fun times and the best things are with friends. So, our various entanglements with men not withstanding, I salute D and L: D for being her wonderful, driven, funny, hilarious, auburn haired self, (seeing you yesterday has made me miss you all over again)and L for her wit, insight, self deprecation (which she does so well) and supportiveness (oh and LONG raven hair, and pale arms despite deadful body lotion with sneaky fake tan enhancement!!). I love you both, my wonderful girls!

No comments: