09 April 2007

In the Jungle

It's a jungle out there, it really is. I finally registered myself on that dating website, and you would not believe the people who are on there. The fact that they are all short-sighted, follically-challenged and in - ahem - not great shape is a given (it is a Jewish dating website after all), and actually, I am not judgmental about things like that.

I have found 2 drop-dead gorgeous men on there, but one of them is divorced with 2 kids (sorry; too much baggage) and the other looks suspiciously like someone I once snogged, plus I got a bit confused with all the virtual dating possibilities, and accidentally sent no fewer than 5 nudges to him to indicate my interest, so he probably thinks I'm a mad cyber-stalker type now.

Even though I'm sitting at home browsing for suitable dates, the stench of desperation that one finds at an actual Jew-do is palpable. I only signed up this afternoon, and I already have 14 messages in my in-box, 4 requests for instant messaging (which I ignored, having read their profiles - "eating fast food" is not a viable hobby), 2 flirts and an e-card.

I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments: