03 April 2007

In which F explains about projection

To my great surprise, I have finally acquired an object I have not had for a long time and I am looking forward to making good use of it. Yes, girls, I have a fuck buddy! It is of course the older man referenced in my previous post, A Threshold. After what was (as I think I mentioned before) fairly good sex, I left for Bristol. Upon my return, older man joined J and I for our weekly pub quiz. Older man had split up from his long term partner 8 months ago or so, and during a particularly lonely time, met a woman on-line (on a games site! My God! but hey, no judgement). He and the woman had struck up a fairly intense friendship, despite never meeting in the flesh, and she was visiting him for the first time this weekend just gone. On Tuesday night, he quizzed me. Should he give up his chance of happiness with this woman for me? Could I offer him a serious committed long term relationship? (I think he is slightly needy and delusional). I pointed out that we had only known each other for five days, and I couldn't possibly promise him anything. He came back home to mine, and then got all troubled about being "unfaithful" to this woman he'd never met. I suggested he went home. He left my flat. I settled down to watch Frasier. He came back ten minutes later, saying he'd changed his mind, and he couldn't get enough of me; I was his dream woman; he couldn't believe he'd met me. I told him that he should calm down, I was only human, and he was obviously projecting. LOVE being in control, and being the sensible one. Anyway, on-line woman arrived this weekend. Hey, guess what, it was strained and awkward, and they didn't get on that well, even though apparantly she is lovely and they are going to be "best mates". Older man has realised that this was almost entirely an imaginary relationship he had. I explained about projection again. He asked me if I saw us going anywhere. I said we could meet once a week, for sex; we may occasionally go and see a film together if he wants; he can come to the pub quiz. I then laid down quite specific instructions about the sex. We are completely free agents who owe each other nothing. I think I've negotiated a good deal.

No comments: