23 April 2007

Love God, Part 2


Surfing the dating website yesterday, an instant message popped up on my screen. The ubiquitous Love God wanted to chat. Here's the conversation:

LG: How's u stranger
D: Good thx! So you haven't given up completely, then!
D: Good weekend?
LG: Yeh, not bad, and u
LG: Where u been?
D: Gilgamesh (v disappointing; standard has gone right down since it opened) and On Anon for a friend's bday
D: Wot about you? Any more dates? Any talent out there??
LG: No more dates and you?
D: no
LG: I take it ur waiting for me?
D: Well after you set my world alight on Thursday night,
I knew no one else could ever match up!
D: See, you're not the only charming one!
LG: So u never told me what u thought
LG:?
D: Erm, no I never got the chance to tell you because you scarpered as soon as you'd finished your drink!
LG: So tell me now young lady
D: I think that neither of us fancied the other - although it was fun - but I appreciate you trying your luck after a clearly dry weekend, hahaha!
LG: yeh, it's been quiet this wknd, my little D
D: Not found your Cinderella then, Prince Charming?
LG: I have she lives near [area where I live] station
LG: and works in [area where I work]
D: I don't think the slipper fits this time... but I can hook you up with Buttons, if you like??
LG: okay, okay i'll just stick with Buttons then
LG: i've got to rush hun, you be good and lucky, you seem a lovely person xxxx D: you too - seriously. Really hope it works out - let me know x
I'm telling you; it's a jungle out there.

No comments: