22 April 2006

Panic!


Am in advanced state of panic. 26.2 miles is v long distance, especially when I have not done any long runs since January (although I have trained for 2 hrs a day at the gym). Went to The Mall today to see the finish line, but typically, they haven't even set it up yet! The Mall was full of tourists (and, amusingly, an errant guard from Buckingham Palace, marching the wrong way down The Mall), and the road was also full of horse shit, courtesy of a Changing of the Guards ceremony. What a welcome sight that will be tomorrow, having just run 26.2 miles.

Encouragingly, I have managed to persuade lots of people to come and spectate tomorrow, and between friends, family and colleagues, I have counted 12 groups of people coming to cheer me on, so that should keep me going.

Less encouragingly, my mum came round before to collect a banner. I tried on the vile running trousers (a polite term for leggings - how attractive), and her reaction was "hmmm, not very flattering", which didn't do much to relax me. So now I have to worry about being overtaken by Jade Goody AND appearing on TV running and looking like an elephant.

And I still haven't got anywhere near finishing my essay, due in on Tuesday.

No comments: