14 April 2006

The Price of Beauty


Am INCANDESCENT with rage. Once again, yesterday afternoon, my scattiness got the better of me, and I left my makeup bag at the gym. It has not been handed in or found, and I have searched everywhere for it. It has been stolen.

That makeup bag, containing my daily essentials, is full of my most needed – and most expensive – products. It has taken me years to discover which products work for me, and some of them, I have had for years.


Here is the total sum of my loss:

Mac makeup bag (limited edition), with (lovely pink) brush set – Bday present in 2004; prob worth about £25

Laura Mercier eyebrow tweezers (bought in 1999) - £15

Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Concealer (expensive, but my previous one lasted for nearly 3 years!) - £25

Laura Mercier Secret Concealer (unjustifiably pricey, as only lasts 6 months, but excellent product) - £18

Eve Lom Kiss Mix (a gift, and I have more at home) - £18

Secret Camouflage brush (particularly pissed off at the loss, as left one on plane back from NY last July, and one in a hire car in Florence last November) - £22

Shu Uemura blush in stunning shade of pink (kindly donated by P last summer - given to her as part of goody bag from some event) – guessing about £23

Stila mascara in teal (an excellent product, which I was thrilled to find, following the discontinuation of the only other light brown, natural-looking mascara in July 2003 I have ever found - £15

Stila lip glaze in lovely shade of pink (blagged it off makeup artist on photoshoot in Milan – Stila lip glosses look great, but last about 2 mins) - £15

Pout lip polish (had free voucher for it a couple of years ago; recently discovered in bathroom cabinet) - £10

Pout lip pencil (do not remember buying, but found under bed last month) - £10

Makeup Forever blush brush (bought in Paris in 1997!) – about £15

Chantecaille eyeshadow brush (I want to cry) - £25

Total value: £236

I hope the bitch who (effectively) stole my face catches an irreversible skin infection.

No comments: